About the Job
Security Guard Jobs – Toronto is the largest city in Canada, fourth largest in North America, and home to a diverse population of close to 3 million people. It has consistently ranked as one of the world’s most livable cities, a global centre for business, finance, arts and culture.
ARE YOU CURRENTLY IN THE CITY OF TORONTO AS LOCAL 79 PART-TIME EMPLOYEE?
If you currently reside in Toronto as a Local 79 part-time employee, kindly indicate that you are a “Current Part-time employee” in the “Custom Information” section of your online application form, and provide your “Employee Number” to be considered for this job offer.
Please note that under the general supervision and direction of Corporate Security Management, you will be assigned to carry out security duties as a front-line Security Guard (Part Time) for the City of Toronto’s Corporate Security Section, at different City-owned and/or operated facilities, in order to protect life, City assets and facilities.
The applicant would be expected to:
- Provide security services to City-owned and/or operated properties through the operation of several security systems and patrolling, including responding and effectively handling emergency and non-emergency, security and law enforcement calls, maintaining the utmost confidentiality always
- Monitor and patrol designated areas of City-owned and/or operated properties and the surrounding grounds through physical patrols and by monitoring various security systems
- Observe, investigate, and act on possible breaches of security, criminal code violations, theft, fire and safety hazards, illegal entry and malfunction or interruption of utilities or equipments
- Respond to public inquiries and responsibly represent the City of Toronto Corporate Security Division by promoting security services that contribute positively to the results of the division, and corporate vision
- Conduct security audits and assessments, so as to provide advice to enhance physical security.
Procedure for Application
Just click on the link below to apply.
ALL THE BEST!!!