Construction laborer are also called the construction workers. They help in carrying out physical labor on construction sites. They may assist in preparing sites by cleaning them, loading or unloading materials and removing hazards. They play an essential role in highway construction, building, and environmental remediation.
- See to the repair and dad]y to day maintenance of the construction machines.
- Assisting the equipment operators, carpenters, and other skilled laborers when necessary.
- Preparing construction sites by cleaning or removing obstacles and hazards.
- Loading or unloading construction materials
- Arranging, putting together and taking apart temporary structures, such as scaffolding.
- Removing, filling, or compacting earth using equipment and machines
- Following instructions from supervisors.
- Assisting craft workers when necessary
- Performing site clean-up
- Following and adhering to all safety procedures on job sites
- Ability to handle physically demanding tasks
- Experience as a general construction laborer will be an added advantage
- Ability to lift heavy equipment