The lab assistants can also be called the laboratory attendants. They work with senior staff to run or carryout tests, analyze results, and report on data findings. They are responsible for giving a helping hand to technologists and scientists during lab tests and research.
The ideal candidate for this job will be familiar with laboratory methodologies and practices and as well understand the importance of neat and orderly workspace by diligently following all laboratory procedures and standards for health and safety.
- Preparing samples for testing using various laboratory apparatus &
- Maintaining and keeping all laboratory records.
- Complying with the correct , policies, procedures, and health and safety regulations.
- Conducting laboratory tests, analyze results, and documenting the results or findings.
- Staying informed and current with the latest techniques, industry trends, and best practices.
- Documented all laboratory activities, results and reporting back to management.
- Cleaning and sterilizing the work area and equipment
- Collecting and preparing research and information needed for laboratory studies.
- Doing other jobs as the time permits.
The ideal candidate for the job should possess:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Outstanding analytical abilities
- Strong attention to details
Good understanding of automated laboratory equipments and laboratory information systems